Helping you or your adolescent with eating disorder treatment and counseling
Are you looking for help around silencing the incessant chatter that fills every moment of your being? Getting eating disorder treatment in Erie, CO can help you or your loved one! You do not have to do recovery alone. Sometimes, eating disorders are hiding in plain sight and we need help identifying them.
Whether it’s the voice of an eating disorder (“ED”) or an innermost critic of judgment and disapproval that instructs you to not love yourself. Counseling and eating disorder treatment can help.
Restoration IS possible!
We will determine where you are struggling, what you are currently doing and devise a plan together to offer you the most support and help needed.
Eating Disorders are outside expressions and symptoms of internal struggles.
They are complex illnesses and cannot be confined to struggles with food and body image.
Do any of these sound familiar?
- Unable to stop thinking of food
- Analyze everything you eat
- Scope out menus before going out to eat
- Miss social events because of being worried about the food spread
- Anxiety-Guilt-Shame creep in with food and exercise
- Obsess about workout regimen
- Diet rules govern your life
- Difficulty loving or liking yourself because of weight or body size
- All-Or-Nothing mentality with food and exercise
- Avoids pictures at all costs-fearing the image of yourself
- I will love my body when…
- If I’m not perfect, I’ve failed
How do I know if I have an eating disorder?
We can discuss what you are experiencing and determine if you meet the criteria put forth by the American Psychological Association (APA). Some people may not meet a full diagnosis but may have characteristics of a diagnosis.
Eating disorder treatment plans will then be personalized accordingly.
You can also take an online screening to see if you are at risk for or experiencing eating disorder symptoms.
Types of Eating Disorders Treated
Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating and Orthorexia. I also work with disordered eating.
Approach to Eating Disorder Treatment
I believe in a treatment team approach and that viewing an individual holistically is key. Meaning that with each of my clients, I encourage them to build up a team around them to offer as much support as possible with eating disorder treatment. We are complex beings and eating disorders are also complex.
There can be biological, social, environmental and psychological facets to an eating disorder. Each trained professional can offer new insight with their background, experience and education to the combat the disorder and ultimately help to facilitate long lasting recovery for the individual.
In an effort to ensure you get the best care for your specific needs, I like to work alongside primary care physicians, pediatricians, dietitians and psychiatrists. Providing care through collaboration, allows for multiple perspectives and additional insight on various pieces of the sometimes complex case.
If you are not working with these additional parties, I do offer a referral list geared towards your individual needs.
Recently Discharged From Inpatient Eating Disorder Treatment
This transition can be very challenging. Going from an inpatient setting to the world outside of a treatment center can feel lonely, scary and overwhelming to say the least.
You had become accustomed to working with a full treatment team onsite with structured treatment approaches, a more controlled environment and the company of others struggling with similar eating disorders.
Allow me to help you reacclimate and remove the daunting task of finding outpatient treatment.
We will discuss how to incorporate your individualized tools with the new environmental changes and help you ease back into your daily routine which may include family, jobs, unsupervised mealtimes, etc.
Having a recovery mindset to safeguard the progress you have made in treatment will also be a central focus of our time together. Are you ready to explore eating disorder treatment and counseling?
Types of Eating Disorder Treatment Not Offered
If you are needing to meet more frequently than once a week for therapy, we can arrange that. I do however refer clients out of my practice, that need higher levels of care including 24-7 medical attention and those needing more stabilization in their environment. Examples of elevated care include:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Additional Eating Disorder Experience
- Member of International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals
- Experience working in an eating disorder treatment facility
- Experience working in a group practice focused solely on eating disorders
- Facilitator for eating disorder support groups through a non-profit organization
- Working toward CEDS (certified eating disorder specialist) designation
Eating Disorder Treatment is focused on more than just food or meals!
Improving Self Esteem & Personal Growth
• Working on you from the inside out!
• Staying true to your core values
Developing a Positive Body & Self Image
• Discovering a new or rekindled love for yourself
• Accepting your uniquely beautiful body and all it has to offer you
• Embracing who you were made to be, not only physically but also mentally, emotionally and spiritually!
Creating & Embracing Change
• Understanding when to want and seek help
• Recognizing what you can control when life feels out of control
• Freedom from eating disorders and disordered eating
• Forming healthy relationships and enjoyment with food
Getting Started With Therapy
If you need support, I’m here. Call 720-306-1631 to set up your free 30 minute consultation where we can check in with what’s present for you and you may ask me any questions you may have. It also gives us a chance to see if we’d be a good fit. Or you may also use the contact form on the contact page. Feel free to reach out however it is most comfortable for you.
“Your body hears everything your mind says.” ~Naomi Judd